This position requires direct patient communication, critical thinking and problem solving. The Medical Assistant works closely with Physicians, Nursing Staff and Clerical Staff. The Medical Assistant provides clinical expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care. The Medical Assistant exhibits initiative, is compassionate and supportive; and displays team cohesiveness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists Physicians, Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioner with patient office visits which include, rooming patients, interviewing patients, recording vital signs including pulse rate, blood pressure, height and weight, and entering information in patient electronic medical record.
- Prepares and reviews patient chart at least 72 hours prior to patient’s appointment. Reviews charts for completeness ensuring all required information is included; notes any deficiencies and utilizes all resources internal as well as external.
- Organizes exam rooms, including general cleaning, upkeep, checking for any expired supplies and re-stocking of all supplies
- Performs bladder scans, Uroflows and documents in the EMR system.
Performs clinical testing; including but not limited to urine analysis, stone analysis, urine culture and sensitivity, pregnancy tests, blood glucose monitor, manages rectal culture and operates equipment safely and correctly.
- Performs administrative tasks, including form completions, prescription refills, allergy verification and patient educational material.
- Demonstrates appropriate hand washing technique to insure proper infection control and follows universal precautions.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/healthcare errors.
Demonstrates appropriate use of Red Bag Waste.
- Gather and input the patient's medical, social and family history into the EMR.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Certification as a Medical Assistant desired
- Previous experience as a Medical Assistant, preferably in Internal Medicine
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to communicate effectively with physicians, patients, co-workers, vendors and the public.
- Must possess critical thinking skills, flexibility and a positive attitude.
- Travel to any of the Premier Medical Group locations may be necessary upon request.
Premier Medical Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer