The Patient Service Coordinator will support the Providers while monitoring patient flow, scheduling patient appointments, attaining prior authorizations and processing necessary insurance information. The Patient Service Coordinator uses his/her working knowledge of urology and the health care industry to address patient inquiries, solve problems and ensure a positive patient experience
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedules office and hospital based medical and surgical procedures, as well as in-office diagnostic and imaging tests.
- Completes pre-procedural phone calls three days prior to confirm appointment times with patients. Provides accurate, detailed information to patients regarding test preparations, and confirms patients’ scheduled time of arrival for test or procedure.
- Takes appropriate action in responding to questions from patients.
- Checks insurance eligibility
- Contacts insurance companies to obtain benefits and prior authorizations, if needed, as required by patients’ insurance plan, within 72 hours of scheduled procedure.
- Scans surgical packets and all other relevant documents (medical/cardiac clearances, bloodwork, EKG, etc.) into the patient’s EMR.
- Contacts appropriate vendors to ensure all equipment will be on site for office and hospital based procedures, including confirmation of attendance by contracted anesthesia groups if required for procedure or test.
- Collaborates with appropriate hospital/ASC staff to ensure a cohesive working relationship for continuity in providing patient care services.
- Schedules post-op follow-up as needed and provides any other directional information.
- Reviews provider’s schedule for accuracy, and reschedules appointments as needed.
- Completes requests for medical records or information following HIPAA guidelines.
- Other job duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of a High School diploma; Associates Degree preferred.
- 1 – 2 years’ related experience in a medical practice; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with patients, co-workers, management, and providers.
- Proven history of providing exceptional patient service
- Demonstrated experience responding to questions and addressing concerns in a tactful & professional manner
- Ability to multi-task in a busy medical practice.
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Able to manage demanding workload with accuracy.
- Working knowledge of EMR and Microsoft Office products preferred
- Willingness to travel to designated Premier Medical Group locations.
Premier Medical Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer