Part Time position, Monday-Friday 8:30am - 2:30pm
This position requires direct patient communication, critical thinking and problem solving. The Medical Assistant works closely with Physician and Staff. The Medical Assistant provides clinical expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care. The Medical Assistant exhibits initiative is compatible and supportive; and displays team cohesiveness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists Physician with patient office visits which include, rooming patients, scribes notes for Physician and interviews patients, recording vital signs including pulse rate, blood pressure, height and weight, prepare specimens for lab work, obtain consents and enter all medical history in patient electronic medical record.
• Assists Physician with biopsies
• Organizes exam rooms, including general cleaning, upkeep, and re-stocking of supplies.
• Performs administrative tasks, including form completions, prescription refills, referrals and patient educational material.
• Demonstrates appropriate hand washing technique to insure proper infection control and follows universal precautions.
• Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/healthcare errors.
• Demonstrates appropriate use of Red Bag Waste.
• Manages autoclave and cleaning instruments for Dermatology
• Answers phones, takes messages and troubleshoots patient calls
• Assists with scheduling, rescheduling and confirming appointments
• Obtains prior authorizations and lab work
• Responsible for medication management
• Assists in the ordering, receiving, and stocking of office supplies.
• Assists with other related front desk clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, scanning, collating and mailing.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Certification as a Medical Assistant desired
• Previous experience as a Medical Assistant
• Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Must be able to communicate effectively with physician, patients, co-workers, vendors and the public
• Must possess critical thinking skills, flexibility and a positive attitude
• Strong organizational skills
Premier Medical Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Your application was submitted successfully.