The RN will work closely with the GI prescription nurse as well as provide back up support to the GI office nurse and the infusion area.
The schedule is Monday - Friday 8:30am-5pm
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Obtains medication authorizations
• Provides patient teaching and education
• Appeals denials
• Manages refill requests
• Assists with patient enrollment into free or reduced drug programs
• Distributes medication samples
• Maintains sample logs and closets
• Meets with pharmacy representatives to stay updated on medication changes, availability, and patient assistance
• Assesses symptoms for various medical issues with the ability to determine if patient should follow up with a physician or seek urgent care
• Communicates patient information to physician, and follows up with patient on physician’s recommendations
• Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical errors
• Assists Lead Clinical RN as needed
• Demonstrates appropriate hand washing technique to insure proper infection control and follows universal precautions
• Other duties as assigned, including rooming patients if medical assistant is not available
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES AS NEEDED
Assisting Office RN:
• Takes phone calls from hospitals, MD offices, labs, and ASC
• Receives and reports critical or positive lab and pathology results
• Handles internal triages to patients
• Manages patient portal requests
• Administers Hepatitis A & B vaccines
• Provides PPD testing and monitors follow up appointments for patients and employees
• Administers Vitamin B12 injections
• Schedules and performs manometry testing (esophageal, 24-hour pH impedance and anorectal) and provides a monthly report to site manager
• Maintains refrigerator temp log and eye wash station checks
• Manages Cologuard orders and results
• Determines need for emergent office appointments
• Meets with vendors to stay up to date on product information
• Completes disability and FMLA forms for patients
Coverage in Infusion area:
• Assists with patient care and drug administration as patient volume dictates
• Monitors and documents patient vital signs
• Schedules follow up appointments
• Obtains urgent authorizations for infusions when needed
• Maintains basic understanding of each medication, its purpose and side effects
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Must have a current NYS RN license.
• Current Infection Control Certificate and Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
• ACLS preferred.
• 3-5 years of experience, GI preferred.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a group.
• Familiarity with EMR and knowledge of computer software such as Word and Excel
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
• Some analytical ability is required in order to gather and summarize data for reports and find solutions to various administrative problems.
• Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials.
• Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
• Travel to satellite office as needed
Premier Medical Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Your application was submitted successfully.