DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensuring a high standard of nursing care to patients attending the Endoscopy Unit, working within company policies and procedures.
• Providing technical assistance during diagnostic and therapeutic Endoscopic procedures, ensuring safe working practice.
• Setting, monitoring and maintaining excellent standards of nursing care.
• Maintaining personal contact with patients and relatives, being sensitive to their needs for courtesy, dignity and privacy and ensuring a friendly environment at all times.
• Maintaining timely and accurate nursing records and ensuring that confidentiality is respected.
• Storing, checking and administering drugs in accordance with established standards and guidelines
• Working with minimal supervision during endoscopic procedures, admission and recovery of patients and other related procedures
• Contributing to the local resolution, investigation and follow up action of any informal or formal complaints.
• Participating in the care and maintenance of endoscopes and other specialized equipment, ensuring an agreed standard of decontamination at all times including accurate records of traceability of all endoscopes and associated equipment.
• Ensuring the safe discharge of all patients from the Endoscopy unit.
• Maintaining a safe and clean environment within the clinical area in accordance with established standards and regulations
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Must have a current NYS RN license.
• Current Infection Control Certificate and Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
• Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) a plus
• Minimum two years of experience in a related healthcare position
• Previous endoscopy experience preferred but not required.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
• Ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care according to individual needs.
• Must demonstrate an understanding of clinical risk.
• Knowledge of GI diagnosis, treatment and health education desired.
• Knowledge of EMR system
• Must demonstrate consistent professional conduct and meticulous attention to detail
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills with patients, staff, and other health care professionals.
Premier Medical Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Your application was submitted successfully.